[time-nuts] A Simple PIC Divider

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Mon Aug 7 08:46:59 UTC 2006

Does anyone have a good solution for the 1-2 us delay between the
divider "reset" (or "start") and the first (and later) pulses?

I think this might be a good reason to put a serial port on one of the
pins. Then, you could send the divider "skip x steps" or "add x steps."
I'm not sure if it would matter if the skipped steps were on the high or
low side of the pulse. You could also use this function to compensate
for the temperature dependent TTL->RS232 line driver delay used on 1 PPS
lines sent to things like NTP servers.

cheers,
glenn