[time-nuts] GPS SPD field

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Aug 9 00:04:18 UTC 2006

In a message dated 8/8/2006 14:23:31 Pacific Daylight Time,
Randy at synergy-gps.com writes:

Hi Randy,

if I remember right, the fourth digit is about 18cm in resolution?

Yeah, let's get 1.8cm resolution on the fifth digit!

bye,
Said

Said,

Yeah, I meant to mention that. You really just need to  parse on the
commas and then figure out what was in between them. I have  seen 2, 3,
4, and 5 place precision on varying receivers. I have to laugh  at the
marketing weenie who thought 5 place precision would help him  sell
standard, non-differential positioning receivers. Actually,  advertising
5 place precision probably DID sell units to the technically  challenged.