[time-nuts] TRAIM Action

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Fri Aug 11 18:56:43 UTC 2006

Brooke,

While there may be some variations in how manufacturers code their TRAIM
algorithms, I have attached an OLD (1998!) Motorola Doc concerning their
TRAIM. Basically, you can tell the receiver how to handle TRAIM errors.
You can tell the receiver to keep outputting the 1PPS and flag it as
suspect, turn it off until the TRAIM alarm condition is rectified, etc.

You guys using the old 8 channel VP and UT+ receivers use the @@En
message to control this. On newer receivers such as the M12+, control is
broken down into three separate messages (@@Gc, @@Gd, and @@Ge).

Randy