[time-nuts] TIC232

Richard H McCorkle mccorkle at ptialaska.net
Fri Aug 11 21:16:38 UTC 2006

I wanted to get the Simple Commands decoder into the public domain and decided TIC232 was a good way to show off changing a single variable by serial port command as a minimum implementation. I thought the time-nuts might get a kick out of the TIC as it is so simple a solution and yet highly accurate. And if you are willing to wait long enough, the averaging time and counters can be extended for whatever resolution you might desire. Having all those unused pins on the TIC also lets you control other devices in the system by serial port commands and really simplifies some designs. And yes, both Simple Commands and TIC232 are now public domain, so feel free to "cut and paste" to your heart's content.
Enjoy!.