[time-nuts] Query: Interest in clock synthesizer module

John C Nordlie nordlie at rwic.und.edu
Fri Aug 18 18:03:08 UTC 2006

Yes John, I'd be interested.  I'd also be curious how inexpensivly
this could be integrated with a TCXO or OCXO to stabilize a
network-only NTP server.  That also begs the question if the jitter
caused by packet-switching would make such a network-only NTP server
worth the effort to stabilize to that degree.

By 'network-only' I mean an NTP server that would get its time
information from a stratum-1 NTP server (no GPS, WWV, etc).

> Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:49:22 -0400
> From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com>
> Subject: [time-nuts] Query: Interest in clock synthesizer module --
> 	useful for stabilizing PC timekeeping (among other things)
>
> I'm working on a project for TAPR (http://www.tapr.org) that might be of
> interest to the timekeeping community.
<snip>