[time-nuts] Shopping list

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Tue Aug 22 03:48:28 UTC 2006

On the HP J06-59992A Time Interval Calibrator, have
either of you opened it and taken a look inside? It's
quite simple.

The digital half is a generic GPIB board. The RF half
is just a couple of MCL splitters and TO5 RF relays.
I'll look for my manual if no one else has one handy.
But you can trace the RF path in a few minutes...

Now I have a question for any HP old-timers our there.
What's with the H05 and J06 and K20-looking prefixes
that we see from time to time on special-purpose HP
gear? And for extra credit, what the magic "59992A"
part number? This shows up in more places than this
calibrator.

/tvb