[time-nuts] Shopping list

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Tue Aug 22 06:49:42 UTC 2006

Dear Time-nuts,

The time interval calibrator (TIC) caught my interest. I did some
searching on the patent, and I guess patent 4,627,268 is the one which
belongs to the TIC. Unfortunately, my shopping list ends at the "1 pkg
of fresh pasta willed with cheese", so no TIC for me. This means no
chance to have a look inside.... but maybe someone is willing/able to
make some scans of the HP manual? This allows everyone to have a look
inside and learn something from these, not so widespread, instruments.

Thanks, 73s Jeroen PE1RGE

Tom Van Baak wrote:

>On the HP J06-59992A Time Interval Calibrator, have
>either of you opened it and taken a look inside? It's
>quite simple.
>
>The digital half is a generic GPIB board. The RF half
>is just a couple of MCL splitters and TO5 RF relays.
>I'll look for my manual if no one else has one handy.
>But you can trace the RF path in a few minutes...
>
>Now I have a question for any HP old-timers our there.
>What's with the H05 and J06 and K20-looking prefixes
>that we see from time to time on special-purpose HP
>gear? And for extra credit, what the magic "59992A"
>part number? This shows up in more places than this
>calibrator.
>
>/tvb

Ing. Jeroen Bastemeijer

Delft University of Technology