[time-nuts] distribution amplifier

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Aug 26 02:01:08 UTC 2006

It is reasonable to use a standard video distribution amplifier to
spread the good 10 MHz from a stable reference generator?

It seems those provide moderate (usually adjustable) amplification,
isolation of the various outputs (even though they do not have ground
isolation) and should be appropriate to drive a 10 MHz signal through a
certain length of coax to its destination.

I can see a number of models on eBay that seem suitable and reasonably
priced (about $3 per output), considering that I would like at least 6
outputs (at the moment).

Of course, since they have connectors that are anything but BNC, I need
to factor in the cost of adapters.

My application is to synchronize all the signal generators and analyzers
in my shop to my GPSDO.

Thanks in advance.

Didier KO4BB