[time-nuts] Progress of my HP Z3801A

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Aug 29 18:57:19 UTC 2006

From: xaos at arachne.darksmile.net (xaos)
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Progress of my HP Z3801A
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:55:05 -0400 (EDT)

> Magnus,

George,

> I have written a Linux based control and graph
> application for the HPZ3801A. The software also
> controls Motorola GPS Receivers.
>
> It is curses based and also generates graphs
> of Holdover Uncertainty and EFC (TI values are also stored).
>
> For some graphs of my two Z3801A's look here:
>
> http://www.darksmile.net/darkgps/index.shtml
>
> You can get the software from here:
>
> http://www.gs3tech.com/
>
> under software download.

Now there is something interesting! ;O)

Thanks!

I just tossed it onto my box, and I run it in interactive mode and it keeps
updating nicely. It does some, but not all of the things I had in mind.
However, being GPLed, I may end up having a few contributions to make. ;O)

I should make an effort later tonight to make a propper daemon-installation.

Any real ideas on how to make it work in coordination with NTP?

I'll have a look under the hood later, I have another logging effort I need to
do.

PS: My Z3801A is now down to 500 ns/24 hrs.

Cheers,
Magnus