[time-nuts] Time Nuts at PTTI this past week

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Dec 9 19:29:23 UTC 2006

It is surprisingly hard to get a straight answer about what happens to g on
a mountain (http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy00/phy00905.htm).  I
guess it's in the paper, but what source(s) did you use to arrive at the
1.5E-13 figure?

It might be interesting to take another expedition of the same distance,
speed, etc. but in a direction that would end up at the same altitude as
your home lab.  That way you'd presumbably be able to isolate the actual
influence of the mountain.

-- john, KE5FX