[time-nuts] Odetics 325: Replacing receiver...?

Rob Kimberley time.bandit at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 10 08:29:21 UTC 2006

Hi Bruce,

The 325 came with different RX modules. Some of the earlier ones also used a
down converter on the antenna.

What antenna are you using (is it the original?), what is the RX module? A
quick check to see if it is a down converter type is to check on the antenna
connector to see if you have 10 MHz on there, and also the voltage. I
believe these used a 12v supply, so trying the unit with a standard modern
antenna (typically 3.3 or 5V input) would result in antenna damage.

Odetics changed its name to Zyfer (I worked for them then), and then more
recently FEI-Zyfer. The 325 is obsolete and the guys in Anaheim do not offer
any support whatsoever now.

Time Nuts is your best bet for an answer, and I know that there are at least
two 325s lurking out there amongst fellow ' Nuts.

Good luck.

Rob Kimberley