[time-nuts] Surplus Guidelines, was: Rubidium Standard

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sun Dec 10 20:56:44 UTC 2006

Since we are on the subject, I've got a couple questions that I'm hoping the
collective would be wiling to answer.

First, about the Efratom rubidium products, does anyone have any information
about all the various models? I've seen FRK, FRS, FRT, LPRO, and probably a
few others on eBay, often they give little to no info about them. (But they
all like to say that they work! lol)

Second, since just about any of these type items on eBay are sold 'as-is',
what is a reasonable price for some of these things? Prices seem to vary
with no rhyme or reason. I would like to get a Rubidium standard one day,
but I honestly don't know what a fair price would be for some that I have
seen.

I'm patient watching time stuff on eBay, and for the more common things I
will watch to see what prices go for, but some items I've only seen once or
twice and have nothing to gauge a price on. Even something as simple and
common as a HP 10811, I've seen the exact same model go as low as $30 to as
high as $100.

Jason