[time-nuts] Best GPS 1PPS Accuracy

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 00:56:05 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

slightly off-topic, but has anyone done stability tests with the m12+ or
M12M when the antenna goes bad in TRAIM-enabled mode (e.g. less than 4 good sats
being received by i.e. disconnecting the antenna)?

I see that the 1PPS output goes away only after about 5 or so  additional
pulses have been generated, so these 5 pulses are  "free-running".

These pulses are somewhat inaccurate, and I am wondering if anyone has done
a max/min analysis on the errand pulse's offsets?

I wonder if the TRAIM limits can be set to say +-50ns effectively to kill
these pulses and improve overall accuracy?

I know lot's of folks run the M12 TRAIM limits at 1us, that seems excessive
on a receiver that is supposed to do 10ns 1-Sigma, doesen't it? ...

Thanks for your feedback,
Said