[time-nuts] motorola oncore descriptions

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Thu Dec 14 07:02:30 UTC 2006

> I haven't looked at the one on eBay, but I did find the following example
(I
> think I posted a link earlier today).
>
> http://www.jrmiller.demon.co.uk/projects/ministd/frqstd.htm
>
> I have the parts sitting on my desk, I just haven't had the time to
assemble
> it yet. I'll report back with some numbers once I get it up and running. I
> don't expect it to be anything to write a paper about, but a fun little
> weekend project. Like I said before one advantage to it is the cost. The
> parts list for me (minus a project box & oscillator) were probably about
> $10-$15.  I don't think you could get much cheaper than that for a quick
> assembly with and no custom programming.
>
> Jason

Early next year I plan to perform a head-to-head test of
one or two dozen different GPSDO; vintage and modern,
quartz and rubidium, commercial and amateur. I expect
to see some amateur ones shine and some commercial
ones suck.

If any of you would like to loan an amateur GPSDO (like
the one above or a Shera design, etc.) I will be happy to
include it in the lot. Hack job or elegant, doesn't matter.

If you can do without it for a month or two, it's a rare
chance to have it tested (free) here in my lab. I'll send
out details in January if it sounds like some of you are
interested.

/tvb
http://www.LeapSecond.com