[time-nuts] Best GPS 1PPS Accuracy

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Fri Dec 15 01:02:26 UTC 2006

Said,

Based on what I have read from the Motorola side of things setting the
limits down that low will be problematic due to the constant threat of
spurious alarms. My concern would be that the "good" 1PPS time
accuracies might suffer if the receiver is constantly cycling. If the
software filters are not allowed to settle out between alarms and
tossing SVs out of the solution you might get all sorts of erroneous
stuff. I guess it would ultimately come down to how the receiver
firmware was written.

Randy

Hi guys,

"enough RAM" is a keyword here! Doing outlier detection using  i.e.
median filters etc seems prudent...

Part of my question was if anyone had any experience with setting the
TRAIM limits really tight, to say +-20 or +-50ns and let TRAIM do the
work. I rather  have no pulses than bad pulses.

Thanks,
Said