[time-nuts] Typical EFC frequency response (bandwidth) of a OCXO

Robert Crawford avitek at wwnet.net
Sat Dec 16 19:27:15 UTC 2006

Poul-Henning,

Since the cost of the SC-10 gets pretty high if you go for all the best
options, I only specified one "A" grade parameter:  2 x 10E-12 Allan
variation combined with lowest phase noise.  Otherwise the operating
temp is 0-50 C, total temperature stability is 2 x 10E-9 over 0-50 C,
and aging is "J" level 1 x 10E-9/day.  Since this was for benchtop use
it seemed like a good compromise.  The full part number on mine is
SC10-24-4-J-J-A-J-SMA.

This SC-10 was going to replace a bad OCXO in a non-working cesium, but
it turned out to have more problems than just a bad oscillator.

Bob Crawford