[time-nuts] Typical EFC frequency response (bandwidth) of a OCXO

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Dec 16 23:46:23 UTC 2006

Hi Stephan,

I have a surplus 100MHz Vectron OCXO from a Wavecrest DTS-2070
jitter-measurement system that was de-comissioned due to CPU memory  failure.

The oscillator works great, and it was the main timebase in the $90K+  jitter
instrument, so I suspect it's the "best" OCXO they could buy at the time  in
terms of jitter/phase noise.

It's a Vectron Model 224-8647-1, serial No. 1411054, a 24V unit.

It has seven solder tabs of which only two are used (24V power). I  suspect
the others are for electronic trim, and oven monitoring etc wich were  not used
in the Wavecrest.

It's a 100mm length, 50x50mm can with mechanical trim and SMA output.

Don't have any datasheet for it, maybe someone here has info? I would  barter
it with you :) It works very well with 24V applied.

Let me know if you are interested in pictures etc.

thanks,
bye,
Said