[time-nuts] Frequency Electronics FE-5650A

geraldm at iprimus.com.au geraldm at iprimus.com.au
Mon Dec 18 07:05:39 UTC 2006

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are right and your comment about the task on your hand in an understatement.

However, us Aussies never give up. I do agree the little brick does run hot,
however both units have failed in the same region and fail to lock. In particular
one unit had suffered from thermal over heating of the surrounding buld housing
which caused melt down of the FET heater device.

I am now trying to trace out the small oscillator and heater control and
feedback PCB to understand it's workings.

Setting the above aside, I was sent a technical manual of the FE-5650A by
Peter Vince. this may help me understand the building blocks within the brick,
however no schematics.

I will keep at it, some one might just read my plight.

Cheers

Gerald