[time-nuts] GPS orthodontics: sawteeth & hanging bridges

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Dec 21 21:41:44 UTC 2006

In message <D6D8D27B5219D649A005529978F791371CCD3C at SBSERVER.Synergy-GPS.sbs>, "
Randy Warner" writes:

>Those of you who worked with the UT+ receiver may remember a problem
>with the time slips in one version of firmware. Motorola updated the
>firmware to do some minor housecleaning and accidentally messed up the
>100PPS.

It also messed up the 1Hz by about 50nsec under some set of
circumstances in an early UT+ version.  I had to jump really high
to get the local rep+moto to reflash my receiver so I could verify
they had fixed it, a few days before I brought my work to the 1998
USENIX ATC.