[time-nuts] TIC resolution impact on GPSDO's performance

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Tue Dec 26 06:04:06 UTC 2006

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I think what you are trying to express is that the frequency from
> the internal Xtal (at times) is in an overtone of the 1Hz PPS, which
> gives rise to hanging bridges.

Poul-Henning

Surely you mean harmonic? An overtone is not necessarily a harmonic.
Indeed I never intended to imply any "coherence" between any of the PPS
signals or sawtooth error signals you listed.
I believe that I used the term coherence in exactly the same way that
David Chu did when discussing averaging errors in the HP5345A counter.

Bruce