[time-nuts] New frequency stability measure

Robert Lutwak rlutwak at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 23:27:13 UTC 2006

(Shameless plug for my friend Bill Riley and his awesome Stable32 software)

Both TheoH and Theo1 have been easily available in the last few upgrades of
Stable32.  I believe Bill Riley was coauthor on  some of the early papers
with David Howe of NIST.

Like all stability predictors, use Theo with care.  In particular, it can
provide a deceptively optimistic prediction of stability if you have a
perturbation on a timescale that's comparable to your longest tau.

-RL

Robert Lutwak
Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
RLutwak at Symmetricom.com        (Business)
Lutwak at Alum.mit.edu                   (Personal)
(978) 232-1461                              (Desk)
(339) 927-7896                              (Mobile)
(978) 927-4099                              (Facsimile)