[time-nuts] Soekris NTP server

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 14:11:32 UTC 2006

Hi,
  I have an old soekris net4521 board which I would like to reconfigure
as a GPS referenced NTP server

I have been looking at the pages the PHK has up on bot the soekris
projects and on nanoBSD and also
http://www.febo.com/time-freq/ntp/soekris/index.html

however I need some help with the Free(nano)BSD aspect of the project

basically whilst I am comfortable with Linux my BSD experience to date
has been very limited.

I have an install of freeBSD6.1 running in vmware to use as a build
staging platform and I think I can manage the custom kernel build
(although a peek at someone else's config would be useful.) etc
i have also manged to get nanoBSD to build for me but the resultant
build file is huge. how do I go about pruning the nanoBSD to only what
is needed?

lastly has anyone tried this with the PC enginee WRAP boards ?
http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm
or is the GPIO PPS timing trick not going to work as well on them?

73's and happy new Year
Brendan EI6IZ