[time-nuts] FMT

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Dec 29 20:24:21 UTC 2006

I didn't enter the FMT due to the lack of an HF antenna, but my original
plan was to downconvert the signal with a GPS-locked LO, then run it through
a logamp and a very narrow CW filter and straight into my 5370B without any
demodulation at all.  As long as there were no interferers within the CW
filter's bandwidth -- which it sounds like there may have been -- that
should have worked about as well as any other technique.

Does the 3586C have an AGC-controlled IF output?  A BFO synthesizer would be
a good idea, but it might not be necessary if you can filter and measure the
IF directly.

-- john, KE5FX