[time-nuts] Soekris NTP server

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 20:44:55 UTC 2006

Ok I got quite a long way with this project but I've still run into some
issues

1/ NTPD does not seem to be aware of PPS or GPS devices. do I need to
patch it and recompile if so how? Can the nanobsd script handle
integrating the patch for me

2/ the console comes up on the serial port which we indeed want for now
since I have not yet successfully configured sshd and IP addresses to
come up correctly on boot (working on this!) but how do I stop the
console from using the com port once we are happy since i need to free
up the com port for the NMEA input

3/ vi won't work
vi: No terminal database found

I don't have a whole lot more time to spend on this right now, my BSD
knowledge is limited and the BSD documentation that I can find relating
to these issues is sparse.
Does anyone have a flash image and nanoBSD configuration that they are
willing to share with me ?