[time-nuts] Soekris NTP server

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 23:04:46 UTC 2006

On the soekris board wiring the following instruction is given on the
febo site
http://www.febo.com/time-freq/ntp/soekris/index.html

        Run a wire from the junction of R61/R62 (near the backup
        battery) to one of the GPIO pins (I used PIO0, which is on JP3,
        pin 3) and from there to a TTL-compatible PPS signal such as the
        output of the FatPPS.

what is the purpose of this wire from r61/r62? on my board, a 4521 I
can't find this junction with any degree of certanty, we we pulling the
GPIO pin low here, or is something else going on?

And another dumb freeBSD question
where is the correct place to put the commands I want to run every time
we boot

basically I need to run

sysctl machdep.elan_gpio_config=-----P...--..--------..---------
to set up the GPIO

then I need to create a couple of symlinks in /dev
for pps0 and gps0

we need to to this before the ntpd service is started or optionally
start the ntpd service here after doing the above

thanks for all the help
.brendan