[time-nuts] Soekris NTP server

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Dec 31 00:47:07 UTC 2006

Brendan Minish said the following on 12/30/2006 07:18 PM:
> I have from the photo on your website established that the area around
> r61/r62 loos the same on both boards and these 2 resistors are indeed
> commoned at the side nearest the edge of the board. I'll give it a go
> here and see what happens.
> What ground reference are you using with this? com port pin 5 ground ok?

I use ground from the com port and it works OK.

> I presume a garmin (gps27?) with a nice long +5v pulse will do for test
> purposes?

The one requirement of the PPS signal is that it has to be positive
going on the leading edge, and the duration must be at least 1/Hz
seconds long -- so if you have HZ=100, you need at least 10ms pulse
width.  Most GPS PPS signals are plenty long enough, but there are some
that are much shorter -- that's where the FatPPS comes in.

> Any idea when TAPR are going to release the refclock and the fatPPS
> boards

The Clock-Block is shipping now (they just arrived at the TAPR office
and the initial orders have been sent out).  The first batch of FatPPS
is also in production, and I expect we'll start advertising and shipping
those in two or three weeks.

73,
John