[time-nuts] New pics of RFTG-m-Rb, and some comparison details

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Sun Dec 31 05:10:01 UTC 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 02:24:32PM -0500, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> My RFTG-m-Rb arrived yesterday, so of course it's in pieces on the bench
> today.  Photos (along with those of the -XO) are at
> http://www.febo.com/time-freq/hardware/Lucent_GPSDO/

	My RFTG-m-XO arrived.

	Seems like they use a version of the UT+ timing receiver
R5122U1155, which is an 8 channel version of the Motorola Oncore design
optimized for timing.    This 2002 or so version seems to have been
retrofitted to a 1996/97 base design.

	Apparently have an external antenna power supply on the mezzanine
board - presumably to allow the 80C188 to read antenna current (or maybe
it supplies 12 volts instead of 5).

--
   Dave Emery N1PRE,  die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in