[time-nuts] New pics of RFTG-m-Rb, and some comparison details

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sun Dec 31 07:15:12 UTC 2006

Ah, well. I have also received two Lucent KS-24019 L106B, aka
RFTG-m-XO boxes. The serial numbers indicate 95 and 96 construction.
The assembly numbers, 55761ASSY103902-001 (55761 is the CAGE number
for Efratom) have Rev E, S/N 522 and Rev H, S/N 2385.

The Efratom crystal(?) oscillators are 023005-001, dated 95 and 96.
Google has no hits for that part number.

The GPS receiver has part number 2643686MAB. This gets a few hits
from vendors that will issue a quote for anything, but will not
describe the part or its manufacturer.

I made a power cable after tracing the male DB-9. Both drew 600 MA
from a 12.5 volt battery, started out with No GPS and Fault lights,
then the No GPS light started blinking. There was no GPS antenna on
the TNC connector, so I didn't leave them on. The antenna jack
supplies +5 volts.

No signal appeared at the 15 MHz SMA connector, so I hope it is
disabled until the oscillator is locked. Both of their 10 MHz IN
SMA connectors still had plastic caps.

I bought these units, and two of their RB cousins, hoping to get
rid of the HP Z3801 units and the CS standard. They add $30 monthly
to the electric bill. Now it seems that I was seriously misled, but
that's the way it goes on the net. I may yet figure out how to
discipline the RB from the XO.

Anybody know how to divide by 2/3rds without a microprocessor? :-)

Happy New Year (no qualifications)
Bill Hawkins