[time-nuts] Jupiter GPS receiver

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Jan 1 16:08:47 UTC 2006

I wanted to record the output from my Rockwell Jupiter GPS receiver
during the leap second, but got caught up in the New Years's eve events
and did not get it done (I am new at this :-)

The receiver has been running continuously since yesterday and is still
running (no reboot). At this moment, it is off by 1 second (running
late) compared to the time on the PC, which I just updated from the
Naval Observatory through the internet (using the DSClock software). Am
I correct in saying that it should be running one second fast, not slow,
if it had not updated?

I also have an inexpensive WWV synchronized desk clock (commercial
product, probably made in China...), and this one is in sync with the PC.

I am planning to let the GPS receiver run a while longer to see if it
corrects itself at some point, and if it does not, I'll reboot it.

Didier KO4BB