[time-nuts] Jupiter GPS receiver

Bjorn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jan 1 21:57:58 UTC 2006

"Geoff" <geoff36 at gmail.com> writes:

> "Didier Juges" wrote:
> > I am planning to let the GPS receiver run a while longer to see if it
> > corrects itself at some point, and if it does not, I'll reboot it.
>
> Hello Didier,
>
> The Jupiter GPS receiver (if used in NMEA and not binary mode) has a known
> fault, that it can be 1 or 2 seconds delta to UTC, this is independent of
> the "leap-second" situation.

Hi Geoff!

This afternoon, :-( ,I got an opportunity to run my jupiter in binary
mode again. It had been running in NMEA mode, when switched to binary
it was 2 seconds late in binary mode. But had bit set saying that
'time mark not valid' After some 15 minutes it ran ok again, still
do.  First strange behaviour I have seen in binary mode. Regret
missing the leap second, but I would not be surprised if my jupiter
would have shown problems.

Anybody running a jupiter in binary mode over the event?

--
    Björn.