[time-nuts] Help - Hope?

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Tue Jan 3 16:50:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 17:22 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> But the question was if it has become (too much) harder to become
> an electronics hobbyist in the first place.

I don't think it has become harder.  It may well have become less
attractive in comparison to other things one can do as a hobby that just
didn't exist when we were making our choices, though.

As an example, my teenage daughter is starting to learn Python right
now.  For the things she thinks are fun to poke at and experiment with
in her spare time, that's probably a good choice... and that choice was
completely unavailable (inconceivable?) when I was that age.

Bdale