[time-nuts] Jupiter GPS receiver

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Wed Jan 4 15:28:11 UTC 2006

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> You need to time the 1PPS signal to get the precise time, the
> serial timecode alone, NMEA or not, doesn't do it.

Does anybody have reliable data on the jitter present on the 1pps signal
of the Rockwell/Navman GPS boards ?

I used in the past a 8-channel Motorola VP Oncore for a GPSDO, and it works very well.
Now I am intending to build another, and bought a Rockwell TU30-D165-003
(this is what is marked on the PCB). I haven't been able to find the exact
specs of this model. What I would like to know is if its jitter is comparable
to that of the VP Oncore or much worse. I don't care about NMEA problems,
just the jitter is what interests me.
I have also an old 6-channel Basic Oncore board. Would this be a better choice
than the Rockwell?  TNX

73  Alberto  I2PHD