[time-nuts] Jupiter GPS receiver

Bjorn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jan 5 21:26:24 UTC 2006

"Tom Van Baak" <tvb at leapsecond.com> writes:

> > Just curious on another topic : I have seen advertized GPS boards with
> 20-channel
> > capability, Given that, at least based on my direct experience, even with
> a clear
> > horizon you rarely have 12 satellites in view, what does buy you having
> that
> > capability available?  TNX.
>
> Those are Glonass + GPS receivers.

SiRFstartIII is not Glonass IRC,

        http://www.sirf.com/Downloads/Collateral/GSC3(f)_6.20.05.pdf

Besides GPS+GLO(+GAL) are going to 72 channels...

"GeNiuSS™ consists of 72 channels of GPS (L1-CA, L1-P, L2-CA, L2-P,
L2C), GLONASS (L1-CA, L1-P, L2-CA, L2-P) and all Galileo signals (L1,
E5, E6). The implemented Galileo code generators are very versatile
such that we believe they will be able to cover a wide range of codes
and modifications to Galileo signal structure when they are
finalized. JNS is currently offering the GeNiuSS™ chip for certain
research purposes until Galileo is deployed. Please contact us for
further information. Products based on this chip will be released in
the fourth quarter of 2005. "

--

    Björn