[time-nuts] HBG transmitted wrong info during leapsecond

Pieter-Tjerk de Boer ptdeboer at cs.utwente.nl
Sat Jan 7 14:42:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 12:12:10PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Looks like the inserted the leapsecond after the minutemarker:
>
> http://phk.freebsd.dk/Leap/20051231_HBG/

I have noticed this error too (and errors in MSF and Deutschlandfunk);
see http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~ptdeboer/ham/sdr/leapsecond.html
and my time-nuts posting of January 2nd.
I'm glad that this observation has now been confirmed independently.

B.t.w., on your web page you say there's no detailed description of
HBG's data format available. However, on the German and French pages
there is a detailed pdf description, and by changing the URL an
Englisch version can also be found:
   http://www.metas.ch/en/labors/official-time/pdf/hgb_info_e.pdf
The description given there of how the leap-second is handled, clearly
disagrees with our observations.

Best regards,
  Pieter-Tjerk (PA3FWM)