[time-nuts] List of time synchronization hardware and software
bill at iaxs.net
Tue Jan 17 02:24:45 EST 2006
Not to mention the equipment that synchronizes the power grid
to UTC, seamlessly integrating leap seconds.
It's amazing what you can stir up with an open-ended query.
1. What is the purpose of the equipment? To provide approximate
time-of-day for human use or to provide precision that only a
computer could appreciate?
2. What are the precision and accuracy requirements, both short
and long term? How long is 'long'? Millennia?
3. What is the price range of the equipment? Does it extend to
hydrogen masers? How many?
4. What are the size and weight limitations on the equipment?
What's too small and what's too big?
5. What are the external power restrictions, in volts, amps and
What have I left off the list?
More information about the time-nuts