[time-nuts] Some More Questions

James Maynard james.h.maynard at usa.net
Wed Jan 18 14:43:03 UTC 2006

Christopher Hoover wrote:

> If you've got the bucks and/or can find a deal, the Stanford Research PRS-10
> is a nice Rb oscillator that can be disciplined from an external 1 PPS
> signal.  This is what I am running, using a Motorola M12+ timing receiver to
> feed it.
>
> -ch
> ch(at)murgatroid.com

I can second that! In my previous post, I described what I did back in
the seventies to calibrate a 10 MHz oscillator against the local Loran-C
ch ain.  However, the PRS-10, disciplined with the M12+ is what I use today.

You do need a good, stable 1 PPS signal to discipline the PRS-10. The
output of a WWVB receiver is NOT good enough -- the PRS-10 will ignore
any 1 PPS signal that has too much jitter.

--
James Maynard
Salem, Oregon, USA