[time-nuts] Some More questions

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jan 19 15:45:45 UTC 2006

In message <43CFB2AB.1060103 at erols.com>, Chuck Harris writes:

>True, but surely you don't think he was talking about kilogram
>artifacts?  Last I heard, their weight was invariant with temp.

I think the worry with the kilogram artifact is that temperature
changes might affect the surface and or hydrogen absorption.

All of the kilogram artifacts are slowly changing weight (Can't
remember which direction though) and that's why there is so much
focus on a different definition of the kilogram.