[time-nuts] loran C searchlight station

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Jul 5 17:03:45 UTC 2006

Hi Tom:

The best way to find out about the phase shifts is to phone the
station.  I call the Middletown (9940) station when something seems
strange and they have been very helpful.

The WWV data for 9940 is very poor and when asked about it they said
that the distance between California and Colorado is the problem.
It used to be the case the HP in Cupertino (280 and Stevens Creek) had a
room filled with atomic clocks and one of the things they did was
monitor the 9940 chain for the government.

The Coast Guard LORAN status web pages also are a good place to get info.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com