[time-nuts] Latitude and longitude question

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Mon Jul 10 04:25:23 UTC 2006

Interesting duscussion...

Has anybody tried running several surveys and plotting the answers to see
what sort of spread they get?

My guess if that the surveyed location would be off in a systematic fashion
if you had something like a tree blocking a big chunk of the sky.  I don't
know what that does to time measurements.

Several years ago, I tried to plot my location as averaged over many reading
from a GPS unit on a USGS topo map.  I'm not sure I ever got the coordinate
system corrections right.  I was obviously close, but who knows how close.