[time-nuts] HP 3325B Function Generator and GPS based frequencycontrol

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Tue Jul 11 13:49:40 UTC 2006

Seems like a lot of money to pay for one. I have been using an HP 3325A for
about 25 years and like it very much. I bought it brand new from HP for the
company I worked, where I was director of engineering. After I resigned, to
pursue greener pastures, they eventually closed down their hardware
capability and operations and offered me the entire laboratory and inventory
which then I purchased personally. I would recommend you getting the "A"
version for about one fifth of the price of that "B" model, unless, you have
an overwhelming desire to get the "B" for some special reason. Option 001
provides the high accuracy ovenized reference and it does not look like the
one on ebay has that option. Normally they would use a TCXO. Regardless,
since you will be using an external reference it really does not matter. The
"A" also accepts an external reference and I run my off of a local Rubidium.
73 - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731