[time-nuts] Hello and HP-5370A question

Jose V. Gavila eb5agv at ctv.es
Mon Jul 17 07:39:27 UTC 2006

Hello!

This is my first posting to this List. I am glad to have found it!

Well, yesterday I was lucky enough to buy an HP-5370A in unworking condition
(just lights POWER led) for the princely sum of 57.50 Euro (and NO shipping as
it is a local buy :-) ). From same seller I got an unworking (but complete!)
5345A for 37 Euro. And also a paper 5370A service manual (14.59 Euro). And some
other cheap HP things...

Ok, so I thought, based on the pictures, that the 5370A was not complete
(because there were THREE PCB slots without cards on them). BUT, looking at the
5370A manual (I have got a PDF thanks to the work of David Kirkby G8WRB), it
seems that there are no less than FOUR gaps in the card array... please, could
somebody confirm me this point?. If I have got a complete 5370A I would be more
than happy :-)!!!

I have also another 5345A parts unit at home, as it was terribly damaged on
shipment; if you are curious, just look at my WEB for the full story:

http://jvgavila.com/hp5345a.htm

So I think I could have enough spares to fix the 5370A and perhaps the 5345A. If
so, I have got a real bargain!

Best regards,

JOSE