[time-nuts] Hello and HP-5370A question

Jose V. Gavila eb5agv at ctv.es
Mon Jul 17 09:14:45 UTC 2006

Hello Glenn,

>>http://jvgavila.com/hp5345a.htm
>
>Before you jump into fixing the case, I'd check the electronics.
>Especially the oscillator. Just power it up and look at the output on a
>scope. You can check freq. accuracy later.

Well, my WEB page is not complete... after the work shown there, I checked the
5345A mainboard to find several of the card connectors were broken beyond
repair. So I decided to part out the unit. Almost all metal parts were discarded
(most of them were broken!) and I saved all PCBs, reference oscillator and other
useful parts. Lately, I bought a working unit at eBay (this time in Germany). As
my 'newer' unit didn't have HPIB I got it from the parts unit and installed in
the new 5345A which is now sitting nicely in my workbench :-)

But I still have most of the 5345A parts so I thought they could be used to fix
my recently acquired 5345A or the 5370A (I have read that some ECL chips are
common to both units)

So this is the full story of the poorly managed 5345A!

Regards,

JOSE