[time-nuts] caveat emptor: eBay t&m seller warning

Dave Andersen dga+ at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 18 04:12:47 UTC 2006

Christopher - sorry to hear about your bad experience with this seller.

I purchased a counter from them in December 2003.  It wasn't a very good
experience.  They made a "mistake" on the shipping calculation (and
increased it by $20 after the sale), which seemed legit for shipping a
moderately heavy counter.  The item was defective.  It took them about a
month and a half, and three increasingly strongly worded emails, before
they issued a refund.

On the bright side, they *did* issue a refund eventually, but I won't
purchase from them again, and would advise others to avoid them given a
choice.  I do suggest that you keep on them, since they did pay eventually.

   -Dave