[time-nuts] eBay saga re: Test Equipment Surplus, eBay id jtsele, aka jtsele at pacbell.net aka Joon Kyong.

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed Jul 19 14:03:40 UTC 2006

At 08:51 AM 7/19/2006 , Joseph Gray wrote:

>Yes, the ebay feedback system is flawed. I have also run into the problem of
>sellers withholding feedback until I leave them a good one. This is
>blackmail, pure and simple. I have even gotten nasty feedback when I left a
>neutral feedback because the seller used poor packing (newspaper) for a
>heavy item. I no longer leave any feedback until the seller leaves his
>first.

*Exactly*.  You've just described my gripe with the feedback policy on
eBay.  If the buyer is assuming the risk by paying first, I expect the
seller to leave positive feedback once they've received the money.  My
standard answer to sellers requesting feedback is that my "policy" is that
I won't go first as a buyer.

I've done ok on eBay, but my most satisfying deals (both buying and
selling) have come from email lists (like this one) or from usenet.

--
newell  N5TNL