[time-nuts] eBay saga The buyers side of the story

Jeffrey Pawlan jpawlan at pawlan.com
Wed Jul 19 17:38:15 UTC 2006

Dear Chuck and List,

  I have bought from Joon a long time ago and although some phone calls were
needed, everything was resolved without problems.

But....  here is a problem I had with another seller of microwave equipment and
then NO satisfaction at all with either ebay or paypal:

I purchased a ku band amplifier from a San Diego, CA company: CommSystems LLC
ebay seller: commsystems123
 The ebay ad said "professional packing" and the charge for packing and ground
service was quite high for only in-state ground delivery   $75.00
 It arrived with the box completely crushed and the amplifier quite damaged. The
box was a secondhand used thinwall box made for shipping foam insulation
products. The packing inside was minimal and the box was only half full so that
is why it crushed. the shipping company told me that they woud not cover it
because it was the shipper's problem.
 I contacted the seller and at first they said they would take care of it. I
sent them many photos. The next day they replied that they would "allow" me to
return the item but I would have to pay the shipping BOTH ways and they would
only refund the item price. The shipping both ways was as much as the purchase
price so I contacted both ebay and paypal.  Neither did anything to assist me.
PayPal wrote that since the seller had agreed to take it back, they would not
help me. They would not acknowledge that the shipping both ways was
unreasonable given that this was not a problem caused by me. Ebay, on the other
hand, did not assist me at all nor did they remove this seller. They said this
was a paypal problem.

73,

Jeffrey  WA6KBL