[time-nuts] eBay saga re: Test Equipment Surplus, eBay id jtsele, aka jts...

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 18:45:18 UTC 2006

Hi Chuck,

> have long maintained that the feedback system should be  changed
>to a blind system where no one could read the feedback until  both
>parties had submitted their comments

Caveat Emptor: there are tricks that can be used by sellers to get rid of
negative feedback: i.e. the seller can try to get in touch with the buyer via
the phone number given to Ebay. If they cannot be reached (say at 3am) then
Ebay  will try to reach the buyer once(!) with one phone call(!) if they cannot
reach  them, the feedback will be deleted, never to be replaced. I had a seller
do this  to me once while I was out of town, there was nothing I could do to
re-establish  my deleted feedback on his account, while his negative comment
for me was left  on my account!

Insufficient packing seems to be a major problem for some sellers, I have
received $65.000 (new) oscilloscopes packaged so badly that they crashed through
 the actual thin cardboard box...

The best solution for this is to look at every single negative  feedback the
seller may have (Mr. Joon has a huge number of negatives), this  will indicate
the quality of the service.

Why take a chance. There are sellers out there with 1000's of only positive
feedbacks!

bye,
Said