[time-nuts] Z3801A saga

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Jul 24 23:02:41 UTC 2006

Hi!

I have been looking on the tracking of the OCXO performence while having the
EFC input grounded. Yeah, it moves around all by itself. The free-running
10811 in the 4195 doesn't. It just keeps tracking away with its higher
frequency noise, but really not much lower frequency noise.

The OCXO moves up stays, moves down, stays. Those large scale moves have pretty
linear stretches. There is also a higher noise. Interestingly I noticed that
when I pulled the EFC line, or removed the short from it, it drops in frequency
until it levels out. The time constant of this is in order of 5 seconds or so.

Mumble.

It seems that I need to go deeply into the OCXO. I wish I could avoid that.

Mumble.

Cheers,
Magnus