[time-nuts] 10811 Extra Lagging etc

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Wed Jun 21 00:26:22 UTC 2006

> So if the 10811 is placed in a temperature and humidity controlled
> environment it will do better-just don't apply lagging etc in close
> round the actual oven assy itself?
>
> Presume the aim is to have the humidity as low as possible?
>
> What about the room temperature?  I suppose the 'sweet point' depends
> on the indivdual 10811 unit?
>
> DaveB
> Christchurch,
> NZ

If you are using the 10811 as part of a GPSDO the PLL
should take care of any number of slow-moving changes
in frequency; whether it's temperature, humidity, voltage,
OCXO ageing, DAC drift, phase-of-the-moon, etc.

So I don't see a compelling need to "protect" the OCXO
in the ways being proposed.

If you are in a harsh, or fast-changing environment then
do the math to see if your OCXO dF/dt exceeds what the
PLL can close relative to the dF/dt of the GPS reference.

/tvb