[time-nuts] Some results of PRS10 and Trimble Resolution T

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Thu Jun 29 03:16:07 UTC 2006

> It's exactly peaked at 2s, it's got to be something digital like
> the DAC control of the OCXO etc. Any SRS designers among
> this group? BTW: while I cannot prove it anymore, I am pretty
> confident the PRS10 did the same thing while free-running
> (without 1PPS input).

I'm thinking it looks "exactly at 2s" simply because
your plot only has data points for only 1s, 2s, 3s, etc.

A high ADEV bump near tau 2 s suggests a phase
modulation around 4 s. If you look closely you can see
this in the phase plots; it's somewhere between 4 and 5
seconds. It shows up in the power spectrum near 4.4 s.

Many plots for you in this free-running PRS10 report:
http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/prs10/

/tvb