[time-nuts] Linear Interpolator

Brooks Shera ebs at wildblue.net
Fri Jun 30 21:54:05 UTC 2006

Inspired by Ulrich's lead regarding the high resolution TDC, I asked the
Acam US rep for a quote on the TDC GP2. As Ulrich indicated they are not too
expensive:  $28 quantity 1, $26 quantity 10. Sounds great.   Temperature
coefficient isn't quoted but it will be considerable - presumably can be
corrected in software.

For me the catch seems to be that they are packaged in a QFN-32.   The pin
spacing is 500 microns and the open space between the solder pads is only
200 microns.  Perhaps I am too timid but this sounds like trouble for manual
soldering, that's assuming the low cost PCB suppliers could make the
appropriate solder mask.  Any comments from the experienced?

Acam makes a dandy evaluation board, the ATMD-GPX, but for this they want
$2298.   Oh well.

Brooks